Cessna 172 Traffic Pattern Entry
Caution: These procedures are general guidelines only, and will need to be adjusted for conditions and traffic.
Setup for normal landing:
- Enter downwind leg on a 45 deg course.
- Reduce power to 2200 RPM (bottom of the green arc).
Adjust as necessary for desired traffic pattern speed.
- Abeam the numbers:
- Carb heat on.
- 1600 RPM.
- 10 deg flaps.
- 70 Kts.
- If no traffic, turn base when numbers are 45 deg to your rear.
- Adjust turn to base and and final as conditions require.
- Flaps to 20 deg during base or final.
- Airspeed 65 Kts after 20 deg flaps and on final.
© 1999 - 2002 George T. Palecek.
All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 07/02/02.