Materials you will need
Note: Please discuss this with your Flight Instructor prior to purchasing
anything. If you are going to attend a formal Ground School, also check
Vendors on the Web
Private Pilot Manual (Jeppesen JS314500)
Private Pilot Maneuver Manual (Jeppesen JS314510)
You need to get these items soon:
- FAR/AIM (A commercial reprint of the Aeronautical Information manual
and Federal Aviation Regulations)
- Denver Sectional Chart
- Denver Terminal Chart
- Plotter for Sectional Chart
- Cessna 172 Owner's Manual (for N or P model)
- Some sort of bag to keep all of this stuff!
You need to get these items before you solo:
- Student Pilot's license and 3rd class Medical. (This is one document
and should be done reasonably soon)
- Fuel sample cup
You will need these items before you begin Cross Country prep:
- E6B Flight Computer
- Airport/Facilities Directory for this area
- Private Pilot FAA Written Exam
(Gleim guide to study for the written exam.)
- Private Pilot Practical Test Standards (PTS) (you can get a commercial
reprint or download from the FAA's website)
- Private Oral Exam Guide
© 1999 - 2009 George T. Palecek.
All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 04/03/13.